Embedded Artists' LPC4088 QuickStart Board is an easy to use ARM Cortex-M4 rapid prototyping board in a standard through hole DIP package (44-pin), targeted at high-performance as well as low-power applications. Communication interfaces, large on-board memories and LCD controller enables graphical user inteface applications.
The LPC4088 QuickStart Board is not just a piece of hardware - it's much, much more:
The module hardware, which is a professional quality hardware developed for integration and simplicity-of-use.
The mbed Software Development Kit (SDK), which is an open source C/C++ microcontroller software platform designed for a suitable level of hardware abstraction to simplify microcontroller programming.
The mbed Compiler is a powerful online IDE that is tightly integrated with the mbed SDK and Developer's Website (mbed.org, see below).
The mbed Hardware Development Kit (HDK), which is an interface design that provides simple USB drag-n-drop programming and CMSIS-DAP debug interface for the LPC4088 microcontroller.
The mbed.org community, with extensive documentation in the form of handbooks, cookbooks, project pages, User Forums for getting help and advice from other mbed users, etc.
Take advantage of Embedded Artists' competence to minimize your work and risk!
Volume Pricing from Quantity 1
The module is priced with integration in mind. Enjoy a price that is normally associated with much higher volumes from the first module you buy!
Below is the pinning diagram (click for a larger picture), in typiclal mbed style.
LPC4088 Experiment Base Board
Together, the two boards (LPC4088 QuickStart Board and LPC4088 Experiment Base Board) form the LPC4088 Experiment Bundle - with a lot of experiment options, example code and projects!
NXP's Cortex-M4 LPC4088 microcontroller in BGA package, running at up to 120 MHz
8 MB QSPI + 512 KB on-chip
32 MB SDRAM (x32 bit databus for high handwidth access) + 96 KB on-chip SRAM + 4 KB on-chip E2PROM
12.000 MHz main and 32.768 kHz RTC crystals
Interfaces / Connectors
• 2x22 pin edge pins
• 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45)
• USB-A (USB Host interface)
• USB-micro B (USB Device interface)
• USB-micro B (mbed HDG debug interface)
• 20 position SDW/Trace connector (ARM standard debug connector)
• 61 pos 0.3 mm pitch FPC connector for display expansion
• 20 pos XBee compatible connector for RF module add-on
101 x 28 mm (104 x 28 mm with connectors)
• 4.5 - 5.5V input on pin 2, or
• via micro-B USB HDK connector, or
• via trace connector (+5V)
• Proper ESD protection on communication interfaces
• CMSIS-DAP Interface On-board (debug interface functions)
• Supported by the mbed SDK and online tools
• Supported by professional tools and middleware
• Industrial temperature specified (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)
• ISO 9001:2008 produced
• Production and shipping compensated for carbon dioxide emission