Long term availability
Embedded Artists have a policy to always continue producing our modules for integration as long as key components are available. When possible, components are selected based on long term availability promises from manufacturers.
Product Change Notification
If a significant change is needed on an integration product, you will be informed through a product change notification (PCN). To receive these notifications you must register yourself to the PCN list for the product(s) you are interested in.
Last Time Buy
In the rare cases where a microcontroller / processor becomes obsolete Embedded Artists will offer you a Last Time Buy of the module and recommend a suitable replacement. If needed we will help you make the transition to a new module as easy as possible.
The list to the right show the minimum expected longevity of our modules. Note that this is based on the current minimum longevity stated by the silicon vendors. It does not mean that microcontrollers and processors becomes obsolete immediately after these dates. They are often available a long time after the guaranteed date.
|LPC2468 OEM Board||EA-OEM-001||2023|
|LPC2478-32 OEM Board||EA-OEM-202||2025|
|LPC1788-32 OEM Board||EA-OEM-009||2028|
|LPC3250 OEM Board||EA-OEM-401||2019|
|LPC4088 QuickStart Board||EA-QSB-016||2028|
|LPC4088-32 OEM Board||EA-OEM-010||2028|
|LPC4357 OEM Board||EA-OEM-011||2028|
|iMX6 UltraLite COM||EAC00252
|iMX6 SoloX COM||EAC00433||2035|
|iMX6 DualLite COM||EAC00261
|iMX6 Quad COM||EAC00250
|iMX7 Dual uCOM||EAC00266
|iMX7 Dual COM||EAC00274
|iMX8M Mini uCOM||EAC00432
|iMX8M Nano uCOM||EAC00434||2034|
|iMX RT1052 OEM||EAC00295
|iMX RT1062 OEM||EAC00428
|iMX RT1064 uCOM||EAC00404
|iMX RT1166 uCOM||EAC00396||2036|
|iMX RT1176 uCOM||EAC00377
*CPU/MCU minimum longevity date from silicon vendor
This product is designed for integration and Embedded Artists take lifetime management responsibility for the product. There are three maturity levels for a product in this class:
- In Development/Sampling: the product is in the development phase and being tested by early adopter customers. Specification can change at any time without prior notice.
- Volume: a volume product is fully developed, has passed product characterization and has been integrated into volume products. Embedded Artists recommend this product for development and final deployment. The product specification is frozen and will only change when absolutely needed. Embedded Artists will issue a PCN prior to any change.
- Mature/NRND: a mature product is reaching its end of life. It is still produced but Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND). MOQ can apply when ordering the product. We recommend existing customers using this product to start preparing for a design upgrade. Embedded Artists strive to have suitable alternatives to recommend.
- End-of-life (EOL): The product is no longer in production. Contact us to check if there are still boards in stock.
Contact Embedded Artists’ support for guidance. If needed and if possible, Embedded Artists will offer existing volume customers a Last Time Buy.
Note that customers must register as product users. Otherwise Embedded Artists has no reliable communication channel for PCN and Last Time Buy offers. Contact Embedded Artists support for questions about this.
- This product is designed primarily for evaluation.
- Product specification can change at any time without
- Embedded Artists does not guarantee long term availability for these products.
It is not recommended to integrate a product in this class into an end-product without first contacting Embedded Artists for a discussion.