- u-blox SARA-U270-0xS UMTS
- u-blox MAX-M8Q-0 GPS/GNSS
- mbed based software
The Cellular and Positioning Shield lets you get up-and-running quickly with IoT applications and general M2M applications. The shield is built around u-blox excellent, high-quality modules.
What is included?
- Cellular and Positioning Shield – 3G
- GPS/GNSS antenna (only for EAA00215)
- GSM/GPRS/UMTS antenna (only for EAA00215)
- SARA-U270-0xS UMTS (3G) module
- Note: UMTS/HSPA frequency bands are 900/2100 MHz and GSM/EDGE frequency bands are 900/1800 MHz, which are commonly used in Europe/Africa/Asia, but not in North America.
- UART and POWER_ON GPIO interface
- USB interface also supported
- MAX-M8Q-0 GPS/GNSS module
- I2C and GPS_EXTINT GPIO interface
- SMA connectors for both modules (R/A female)
- SIM connector
- Arduino shield pinning
- Raspberry Pi (RPi) 26-pos expansion connector compatible pads (note: pin header/connector not soldered)
- The on-board power supply needs external powering (5-12V DC / 1 Amp). Can be supplied via micro-B USB connector, Arduino connectors or RPi connector.
The on-board connectors (Arduino shield pinning and Raspberry Pi expansion connector) are very easy to use also for custom boards.
The shield can easily connect to LPCXpresso V2 boards – check example code availability before selecting LPCXpresso board to work with
|Documentation and guides|
|Cellular and Positioning User's Guide|
|SARA-U2 Integration manual|
|MAX-M8 integration manual|
|Product compliance declarations|
|mbed: Cellular HTTPClient|
|Example using I2C on Raspberry Pi|