The LPC4088 Display Module is mbed enabled - meaning that the board takes full advantage of the mbed framework.
The mbed Software Development Kit (SDK), which is an open source C/C++ microcontroller software platform designed for a suitable level of hardware abstraction to simplify MCU programming.
The mbed Compiler is a online IDE that is tightly integrated with the mbed SDK and Developer's Website (develop.mbed.org, see below).
The mbed Hardware Development Kit (HDK), which is an interface design that provides simple USB drag-n-drop programming and CMSIS-DAP debug interface for the LPC4088 microcontroller.
The mbed.org community, with extensive documentation in the form of handbooks, cookbooks, project pages, User Forums for getting help and advice from other mbed users, etc.
LPC4088 Display Module
NXP's Cortex-M4F LPC4088 microcontroller, running at up to 120 MHz.
The Cortex-M4F core has floating point and DSP instructions.
Program + Data Flash
512 KB on-chip + 16 MB QSPI (perfect for storing pictures and graphical elements)
32 MB SDRAM (x32 bit databus for high bandwidth access) + 96 KB on-chip SRAM + 4032 B on-chip E2PROM
5.0" TFT with resistive touch panel. See LPC4088 Display Module datasheet for details about optical performance.
122 x 99 mm
• External 5V DC supply, or
• via micro-B USB HDK connector
Connectors / Interfaces
• 100/10Mbps Ethernet, RJ45 connector and unique MAC address
• USB Host interface connector (USB A)
• USB Device interface connector (USB mini-B)
• mbed HDK debug interface connector (USB micro-B)
• uSD/transflash memory card interface connector
• XBeeTM compatible connector for RF module add-on (20 pos connector)
• Very simple expansion for custom specific I/O via 46 pos, 100 mil pitch pin header (second USB interface, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, DAC, CAN, GPIO, timers, etc.)
• mbed-enabled via on-board HDK (CMSIS-DAP interface, USB drag-n-drop, Virtual COM port)
• 10 position SWD/JTAG connector (ARM standard debug connector)
• 6 position SWD Tag-Connect™ connector
• Proper ESD protection on communication interfaces
• Supported by the mbed SDK and online tools
• Supported by professional tools and middleware
• CE tested (EMC, EMI, ESD)
• Wide temperature range (-20 to +60/70 degrees Celsius, limited by LCD)
• ISO 9001:2008 / ISO 14001:2004 produced
• Production and shipping compensated for carbon dioxide emission
Documentation and Resources
The following resources are available for download either directly below or from our support site after registration of the LPC4088 Display Module.